Thursday, February 25, 2010

After the pizza bracket...

When we started the pizza bracket we had one objective: to find out which of the local pizzerias had the best pizza in town. There was a list of criteria, the primary being hours of operation including lunch time. Putting all health concerns aside we stuck with what we intended to do and with that comes a certain amount of pride. I think people respect that and I appreciate the attention and acknowledgment we've gotten. I think it's fair to say that what we've done here is something special. It's not like we just picked up a select few small pizzas on a Friday night and wrote a column in the Telegram. My goal for the blog was to not only document the outcome of this event but to display the time and effort invested as well as the hardships endured during the process. I think this serves to ensure the outcome is credible. I am told people have referenced the blog on occasion when deciding where to order pizza from. This makes me feel as though our efforts have been worthwhile. I thank all those involved in the competition and those who followed along. Could this be the end of the pizza blog?

On that note I should mention that while people were relieved to have a well deserved break from pizza a couple times since the pizza bracket ended some interest in extending the pizza bracket has arose. One such occasion involved Sam showing off a flyer for Cheapie Cheapie Pizza. The discussion escalated to the point where we considered having mini brackets that would determine a competitor for a title bout against Venice. Unfortunately though Cheapie Cheapie Pizza's hours of operation did not include lunch time. This extinguished the idea at the time, but I think there as still a few hot spots that may ignite sometime in the future. While we have crowned a pizza champion of the world I don't think the Gimongous Avalon Pizza Bracket is truly over...

No comments:

Post a Comment